Today’s guest believes that credit is one of the most undervalued opportunities in real estate and, in this episode, he hopes to educate listeners on how to start thinking like the bank! Brandon Elliott is a real estate investor, podcast host, author, international speaker, and credit specialist. He utilizes the BRRRR strategy and has done numerous fix and flips locally in San Diego California, as well as out of state virtually. He also has a passion for coaching others to help them achieve generational wealth, which is the key reason why he created his podcast, Ready. Set. Go. Real Estate Investing. Tune in for an insightful episode full of practical advice for taking your real estate investing business to the next level using credit!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Brandon shares a little bit more about himself and his expertise in BRRRR and credit.
- What door knocking for a vacuum cleaner company taught Brandon about resilience.
- Hear about his most recent multifamily project, a fourplex in San Diego.
- The key to a 100 percent cash out refinance starts with getting a good deal.
- Find out what the BRRRR strategy is and why Brandon fell in love with it.
- Why Brandon is choosing to stick with one to four-unit short-term rentals in San Diego.
- Building wealth through credit; how to start thinking like the bank.
- Credit as a four-step process: educate, fix your credit, build credit, and leverage it.
- Using credit as a backup plan when financing a deal.
- How else you can use credit, outside of purchasing real estate, like travel hacking.
- The most common mistakes Brandon sees people make with credit.
- One real estate investing tool Brandon can’t do without: credit!
- The importance of making sure that you always have your legal paperwork in order.
- How marketing will help Brandon grow his business to the next level.
“How I leveraged myself and have been able to scale into real estate has been through credit and building personal and business lines of credit.” — Brandon Elliott [0:03:09]
“Buy, renovate, rent, refinance, repeat. At the end of the day, it’s coined the BRRRR strategy but it has always been the value add.” — Brandon Elliott [0:07:18]
“Start thinking like the bank. Understand how the banks are thinking and treat [credit] like real-life Monopoly.” — Brandon Elliott [0:10:51]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode: